Monday 21 March 2011

Pantomime fund raiser







We had a fundraiser for the pantomime last Saturday afternoon. There were English books for sale, a raffle and food. I was in charge of the raffle, I had been given a prize of two tee shirts from the Venice Jazz Club and Jennifer brought me a box of Yorkshire tea and two packets of biscuits as a prize. I had sold quite a good number of tickets before the event as had others and we sold more on the day.
When it came time to draw the raffle I wrote 1 to 8 on a piece of paper to keep a record of winners. I wrote the first one at number 1 but Carrie said no we were starting at 8 and working upwards. When the last one was drawn it was my ticket and I had won a beautiful Murano glass bracelet and earrings. Had the draw been made the other way I would have won the tea and biscuits Jen had donated!
The event raised over Euros 1000 .
The books, the raffle prizes and Alberto and Andrea who were in charge of the bar.
I met up with a few people who were in the last pantomime that I hadn't seen this time so that was good. Next time I meet everyone it will be the first day of rehearsals. I don't plan to come out for the read through in October, but hope to SKYPE into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment