Sunday 6 March 2011

Too busy to write

The week has been very musical after a dirth of concerts. Here is where I have been.

Monday night the Circolo was not in its usual place but at the UNESCO offices. The walk back included Piazza San Marco where there was no people but loud music. It was raining. I was on my way to The Hard Rock Cafe for a burger.

I was the only non American in the place, I was looking forward to a lovely soft bun, but it was the hard Italian brad, so all in all a bit disappointing

















Wednesday and Thursday evenings I went round to the Mensa, workmans' cafe where there was music as if it were in your living room. The lady with the long dark hair had organised it and the pianist was a friend, they played and sang. Then I went to the VJC. Thursday Liesl came along to sing, I met her through the pantomime and she is an opera singer. She got up and did a few numbers which was great.



There were quite a few students in from 6pm, they had many spritz's and had a great time.
Liesl singing


Frank, Liels husband arrived he had just flown in from Chicago and he is directing Sleeping Beauty next year so it was great to talk to him about the panto and my part.

Friday at 8.30pm I went to a concert of Vivaldi music at the recently reopened church of the Pieta where Vivaldi was the choirmaster. I have heard the Four Seasons played much better.









Saturday at 6pm I went to Casa Goldoni to see a performance of a day in the life of the carnevale at the time of Goldoni. It was illustrated with paintings, stories and music. Here is Liesl once again in her real role as am opera singing. Her fabulous shawl and jewellery was by Gualti a Venetian designer.
Here is Liesl again.

Saturday night I went to the Venice Jazz Club. Twice in one week because I went Wednesday too. That was the music of The Cotton Club, 30s and 40s. Last night was Latin and Bossa Nova






Such fun.

Federico also gave me T shirt for the raffle at our pantomime fundraiser in two weeks time.

Better photos than last time I took some














No comments:

Post a Comment