Wednesday 2 March 2011

Mytholmroyd and Venice









Monday afternoon I went to the Peggy Guggenheim Museum to see an exhibition called The Vorticisti. A rebel group of painters about the period of the first world war. Well one of the paintings was called MYTHOLMROYD! By the artist Edward Wadsworth, he had also pictures entitled Canals and Cleckheaton (where I have discovered he was born) among others. I wasn't allowed of course to take a photograph but in the shop there was a book about the exhibition and the picture was illustrated. I asked the assistant if I could photograph the page, I explained it was where I lived and she happily obliged. I had photos on my camera of the village taken in the snow when Chris and I went to see Grandad Vernon's grave and showed them to her. She also gave me a poster of the exhibition as a souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment