Thursday 3 February 2011

Church

It was good to be in St George's again last Sunday and meet up with old friends. I had bumped into Hilary with the new Vicar a few days before. I just about managed to reach the candles to light them but nearly went flying when extinguishing them, I lost my balance and put my hand out to stop myself on one of the candle sticks - not a good idea. I just stopped myself in time and did no damage.

There were quite a numer of visitors there ad the service featured the saints day Candlemas and there was a ceremony around the candles and to rededicate ourselves. People were astonished to discover the Methodists have no candles! They are just in my house.

Wednesday night a few of us met at Victoria's home and after tea and cake we began reading and discussing The Book of Timothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment