Thursday 3 February 2011

The Imob cards and the machine

The IMOB card
The tourist to Venice pays E6.50 for one hour on the vaporretto. There are other deals from 12 hours to 5 days which is E50. I paid £40 for my Imob card, above and it costs E28 per month for venice and the Lido, a few euros more for the buses in Mestre. But I couldn't buy a months arriving on the 25th but I could buy ten tickets for E10.50 (normally E1.20 each). I hope you are keeping up.

I have to go accross the Guidecca canal to go anywhere & have to use one of these tickets. Annie said there was a tragghetto ticket for this crossing at 60 cents but didn't know how to use them.

Meet Inspector Clusault. The Zattere ticket office that used to have a human being has turned into a machine but I read about these tickets and in my timetable I read about pressing buttons for different tickets.

I went to the Accedamia ticket office, still human and asked about them was given a lesson. Press ? wave card & press ? till Venezia comes up then press OK. I think. It seems to have worked. Yhen a normal swipe takes a normal ticket off.

The machine

I demonstrated this to Annie & Mike Sunday night on our way too and from jeremy's. They were impressed and were off to purchase them the next day. This will save them many euros per week.
Now you have to remember Annie & Mike have had an apartment here for five years.................

No comments:

Post a Comment