Saturday 5 February 2011

No view







The bar, the view and from the vaporretto looking back
Last Monday it was a beautiful day so I took the llong ride round to Colonna on Murano. There is a little bar there where the food is okay but the view is great.
Not this week the view is shrouded in orange netting they are working on the lagoon wall.
I get another vaporretto wrong way round, thought i would get off at navagerro, a bar there does wonderfuk pumpkin soup. Not today, closed. I stay on and get off at the next stop, Faro - lighthouse. The bar there has no tables outside. I walk uo tothe crentre and window shop mmy way of glass back to the first bar where i sit looking at orange netting.
Back in Venice I get off at S Toma and stroll down through campo Santa Margatita, looking at shop, would have bought frittelle in Tonolo but it too was closed. I saunter down to Billa for a couple of things and think I will walk down the Zatterre annd enjoy the sun.
I realise it is 4.25 and Annie & Mike are collecting me in twenty minutes. Just made it back & changed.
The speaker at the Circolo was not the best & five of us left laughing to go to dinner to celebrate Mike's birthday. Reastaurant closed! Sums up my day. We found another one and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment