Saturday 5 February 2011

The mist and the market







Friday morning I went to meet Liz at the market at Sacca Fisola. The morning had a slight mist and the view of St Giorgio was wonderful. On my way there I met her husband Geoff who was chatting to an American lady and he introduced us. She said I know you - you were Fairy Sparkle. She lives on. Liz and I had coffee, tramazzini and chat before heading off to look around the stalls. There is one which sells sweets, herbs nuts, allsorts. Liz is standing at the stall in the centre photograph. I have seen some wonderful glace fruit I shall be taking home for Christmas cakes. We then went onto the green grocery stall & discussed so much of what was on sale and how to cook it. Then to Walter at the cheese and cooked meat van. Walter likes to practise his English. His Gorgonzola and Parmesan are divine.
Finally we took the three stop ride back to Palanca and said our goodbyes. Not for long I am going to thier home for dinner tonight - Saturday.
Walking back to my apartment I met Geoff again. he was surprised we had just completed our shop, but I explained there had been lots of talking!
The bread and cheese for lunch was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment